Celebrate Dragon Boat Festival with this simple balancing craft.
The custom traditions of Dragon Boat Festival includes dragon boat racing, eating sticky rice dumplings (zong zi) and more.
- Printable (You may also draw out on your own)
- A4 Paper/ Card paper
- Colour pencils
- Coloured markers
*Download the print here. dumplingfesdesignprintable.pdf
1. Print out on a thicker paper for a more sturdy design. Add colours and design onto each elements except for the round circle.
2. Cut out the circle and each element when you've finished adding your design.
3. Fold the circle into half.
4. Paste the head, dumpling and tail on with glue stick. Put it upright to see if it's balanced. Adjust the elements accordingly.
5. Add details to the body of the boat and for the dragon.
And it's done! Gently press down on each side and see it swing away.
Watch the video here: