Watch these molecules in action! Look how these colored clouds are formed.
- 3 cups of water (cold, room temperature, hot)
- Food colouring
- Masking tape and pen (to create a label on each cup)
1. Fill 3 cups of water. 1 with hot water, 1 with room temperature tap water, the other with ice cold water.
2. Label the cups.
3. Drip a drop of food colouring into each cup and observe.
Ask and reflect:
1. What is happening in each cup?
2. Is the food colouring behaving the same way?
3. What do you think is the relationship between heat and the movement of molecules?
4. Does heat causes molecules to move faster?
Watch the video below to see more!